Problems Disposing of Flares?

Are you having problems getting rid of out of date flares? If so I'd like to hear from you.

I'm working up a story on this subject.


There are now only eighteen locations to dispose of TEPs (Time Expired Pyrotechnics) listed on the map alongside. Some are open just a few hours, one day each month, and the TEPs have to be booked in.

You'll notice there is one, yes one location, for the entire west coast of mainland Scotland. That's one of the largest, busiest sailing areas in the country.

The coastguards I've spoken to seem aware there is a problem. I have 4 TEPs to dispose of, and they were keen to do what they could to help me within the limitations of their system.

I've already heard some alarming information on this, off the record, from people in the know.

I will publish what I know when I can although it might appear first on a larger platform.

For now, if you have had trouble disposing of flares, I'd like to hear from you. sunartmediaATmeDOTcom

Thanks
S