Canoeing and Climbing in The Adventure Show

I've seen the next edition of The Adventure Show and it's a cracker.

Tuesday 8th Feb, 7:30 BBC-2 Scotland, Sky 990, FreeSat 970 and iPlayer for 7 days.

Indoor 'rock' climbing sounds a bit dull. But these are the IFSC World Youth Championships, held in Edinburgh last September.

The skills are breathtaking. The one-on-one speed climbing at the end had me on the edge of my seat, and I was meant to be writing the script.

There's also a feature about Justine Curgenven & Barry Shaw canoeing across Rannoch Moor with Dave Rossetter and Scott Simon. It's a cut-down from her DVD This Is Canoeing, so if you've seen that, you've seen the pictures, althogh there's an extra interview with Justine.

The March programme will feature the Strathpuffer 24 hour mountain bike race. I've nearly completed the first edit of the show and I'm really pleased. The camera folk and reporters have captured the atmosphere of the unique event. Video shortly.