September Challenge #2: People

Visitors on Sanna Beach
Some of this year's challenges I've had to go looking for.  Others have just found me.  September has been one of those months.

It started great with a campervan trip to Benbecula, North Uist and South Uist.  I spent two days as part of the team filming The Heb Adventure race, then Liz and I bumbled about having some adventures of our own.

Then we had visitors.

Our border terrier Maggie had been sent Christmas presents from Germany from another couple with a border terrier and we became internet pen-pals.



They rented a holiday cottage near us and I volunteered to show them around, spending a day driving a big loop, with two ferries, showing them Mull and Ardnamurchan.  Watching me drive on our single-track roads was helpful for when they had to go it alone.  They came for lunch and tea couple of times, and the dogs didn't tear strips off each other.  It was quite a busy week.

Then we were visitors.  We headed to Skye to stay with our friends for a couple of nights with the aim of going cycling.  Storm Ali had different ideas and after just one day we scuttled off home.

Then we had more visitors.  Our great friends Bill & Sukie were heading to the Isle of Muck and had invited us to join them.  Unfortunately, neither of us were at home when they arrived because I was taking Liz to the Caledonian Sleeper train.  Her Mother is ill and she's headed south to take help care of her.  I left a key for Bill & Sukie, and instructions on how to simply cook the dinner I'd made for them, which we all ate when I got back from the railway station.

Physical challenges, like the ones which make up most of this yr60 list, have been relatively few this month.  But they're not as important as the subject of this article.  People.