Video. Front or Back - Where's Best to Carry Bikepacking Kit?

I've seen loads of different bikepacking rigs.

I've used different pannier systems and different types of bar bags.

But I've never really known where, given the choice, the bulk of the kit should go.  Is it better at the back or the front?

The answer is probably "the middle" judging by the number of frame packs I've noticed on Bikepacking.com.  That's not an option (yet) because I don't have a frame bag.



So I rode the same route twice, once with all my kit in the back and once with it all (almost all) at the front.
Tivaro 13 by Alpkit
I say almost all because the front bag, being just 13L as opposed to the 17L for the rear, didn't hold as much stuff.  AlpKit do make a 20L front bag but that best fits straight bars.  As it was, it's a bit of a squeeze to get this between my regular road drop bars.

This is the route I rode.  If you like the video please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel. Thanks!