Oban Sea Kayak Race - A Week Tomorrow

This race around the island of Kererra is a week on Saturday, that's 4th September. Route.

It's the first time this race has been run, and it has received a lot of positive press locally, such as this article.

Like so many events, it will be as serious as you want to make it.

Some people will arrive in racing boats and paddle flat-out. Others will pootle around, enjoying the view and not really worrying about the 'race' aspect of such things.

It will be nice simply to have so many kayakers in a town which is rapidly becoming the centre for the sport on this part of Scotland's west coast.

Oban - Sea Kayak Capital of the UK? I wonder...

I'm still not sure whether I'll be there, but Pesda Press has given some copies of my book to donate as prizes, and my business Sunart Media has contributed some DVDs, Sea Kayak With Gordon Brown. While I suspect the winners won't need either, it does mean Sunart Media is officially listed as a sponsor.

As someone who normally seeks sponsorship, that feels rather odd.